Sunday, September 2, 2007

Tickets

Save the Dates that emulate sports tickets? Can do. Check out the example to the left- Think Red Sox. This is another one of those projects that was created for a customer based on their idea.

In respect of copyright, instead of using the actual red sox logo, I can draw up something similar for a logo. Most couples will end up going with a baseball or football graphic for similar ticket designs.

The example on the left is about 2.5x6.25 inches, printed on a 100lb coated stock rather than the 80lb cover glossy card stock used for many of the cards on my website.

Addendum: I thought I would add in a quote from the email this customer sent me...

"...Just wanted to let you know we received the STD's in the mail the other day and they are FANTASTIC!! You did such a great job and were so easy to work with. My sister (the only one who knows we are doing them) loved them as well. It's going to be hard not to show them off until April 08! If you ever need any recommendation, feel free to use my e-mail..."

Update, December 2009: visitors, please see the newer blog post about these kind of save the dates here. Also, don't forget to check out the website (click on the logo at the top).

Update, July 2011: Yes, you can still get similar save the dates! Magnets or cards, with or without envelopes. The "TicketMT9" design is close to the posted one here. You can have me change the colors, photo, and wording for your personalized awesomeness.

Check out the ticket magnet section here:
http://www.savethedateoriginals.com/TicketDesigns.php

Those designs can also be printed as cards.

Also check out a few ticket designs on the save the date card page:
http://www.savethedateoriginals.com/SaveTheDateCards.php

9 comments:

Joy said...

How cute!

I added you to my blog, too.

Nexus said...

Thanks Trish! You are the sweetest.

Unknown said...

I love these! What kind of envelopes would you use? Did you provide your client with envelopes to fit?

Nexus said...

Hi Amber; This particular order was made with a flyer-type paper, and given out at an event (If I recall correctly). Others have opted to order ticket-related designs printed on a thicker glossy-front stock, or even a magnet. Those two options would be a little smaller than this example, at 2x5.5 inches rather than 2.1x6.5 inches. In those cases, sometimes the save the date will indeed be mailed. The best envelope size for that is about 3.5x6 inches. 3.5x5 inches is the smallest mailable envelope size with the US post office, and this is the next longest envelope size that fits the 2x5.5 inch size.

Anonymous said...

I am extremely interested in getting something like this for our upcoming wedding. We are doing a Chicago Bears theme. I stumbled onto this site through google, is there a way to get pricing, etc?

DMGill said...

I would love to do this exact type of save the date for my wedding next year.

Unknown said...

I know these posts are old and from 2007, but 'Nexus' if you still do these types of save the dates I would be very interested and would love to get your information!
Thanks, Aly

my email- taylora@purdue.edu

Nexus said...

Hi Alyson,

The ticket idea is still popular! These days, the favorite card and magnet size is 2.5x6.5 inches.

Here is a link to an adapted version of the design on my website:
http://savethedateoriginals.com/details/TicketMT9.php

To future people looking at this blog post- there are links on the upper left of this page that go to the card and magnet sections of the website.

Anonymous said...

How do I get these? I got engaged in the Cincinnati Reds dugout and its our theme.
My email is J_l_m@live.com If any information please email me thanks:)