Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Taking care of business(es) part6

Business spotlight 6: Megan Werve

Megan Werve is a photographer in Jacksonville, NC. She came to me interested in a logo that was a little more unique than the one she already had.

When people ask me, "how much do save the dates cost?", I have no immediate response. There are things I must know - that the customer must decide on- in order to provide an answer. Magnet or card? Size? Envelopes, no envelopes? Type of card stock? Folding? Design?

The same goes for logos. Some clients are looking for a logo that would take me 5 minutes to create. Some clients are looking for a logo that would take me 30 hours to create. Sometimes people just don't know what they want- leading to multiples of versions, multiple rough sketches. Multiple versions mean = more time = more money.

Megan is a great example of someone who already had an idea of what she wanted her logo to look like. She already had a good logo that she liked, and just wanted something a little more unique. A short bit of custom drawing and she had her new logo.

Original logo:



New logo:



Check out Megan's work here on her blog.

No comments: